Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Welcome to the West Coast!


                     
When I returned home from studying abroad, I made a promise to myself. The promise I made was that I would travel to somewhere new every year. A few months later, I had a traveling opportunity to take advantage of. My close friend and her fiancé moved to San Francisco and invited me to come visit for five days that June of 2015. As a result, I booked a trip to San Francisco and now I can’t wait to share and recommend places to visit!

Napa Valley: For all of you wine drinkers, Napa Valley is totally worth the day trip to check out all of the gorgeous wineries. We rented a car for the day to visit a plethora of wineries. My favorite wineries that we visited were Black Stallion and Frog’s Leap Winery. A lot of the wineries handed out straw hats because Napa Valley is a bright and hot place.
Frog's Leap Winery


Black Stallion Winery


Golden Gate Bridge: When I arrived in San Francisco, I didn’t realize that weather was dreary. Most days I was there, it was very foggy and gray. The first time I went the Golden Gate Bridge, well, I couldn’t see it! Fortunately, I was able to get pictures in front of the bridge on my third day there.




Jumping for joy because I can finally see the Golden Gate Bridge!

 
Lombard Street: Lombard Street is the most famous street in San Francisco. For more information about the history of Lombard Street, click the link! I really enjoyed walking up this beautiful street to because you got a really nice view of the city. Driving down…a different perspective!



Fisherman’s Wharf: You can spend an afternoon walking around Fisherman’s Wharf. There you will find a hilarious colony of sea lions at Pier 39. You will also find a bunch of restaurants with amazing seafood. My favorite place we visited there was the Boudin Bakery because they baked creative loaves of sourdough bread.




I spy some sea lions soaking up the sun!

Ghirardelli’s Chocolate Factory: I am a chocolate lover and I was in chocolate heaven when I arrived at Ghirardelli’s Chocolate Factory. The sweet smell of chocolate made my mouth water as I entered the factory and I had the most scrumptious hot fudge sundae there.



Additional Food Recommendations:

1.     Juice Shop: (locations in San Francisco
2.     Bowl'd Acai: (locations in San Francisco)
3.     Philz Coffee: (locations in San Francisco

1 comment:

  1. Love these places. My brother lived in Cupertino for many years. I remember being so disappointed as a teenager seeing that the Golden Gate Bridge was actually orange.

    ReplyDelete